- Work Sector: Registered General Nurse
- Term: Temporary
- Location: Poole, Dorset, UK
- Salary: £21 - £30
The post holder will work as part of a team to provide and maintain professional standards in accordance with the principles of care as set out by the guidelines of the UKCC. The post holder will accept personal accountability for their own practice as a Registered Nurse and will work at all times within the UKCC Code of Conduct. The post holder will take responsibility for the day to day implementation of the care tasks appertaining to the holistic needs of the nursing residents in the Home.
- To provide a high standard of nursing care and to meet the needs of residents based on an assessment of their care needs in consultation with residents and their relatives.
- To assist with re-assessment of the residents’ needs, and re-evaluation of care – adapting and prioritising the planned care appropriately
- Delegation and supervision of duties to care staff.
- Communication with outside Agencies and Medical Practitioners.
- Ordering of drugs and medical supplies and the safe disposal of unwanted drugs, in accordance with accepted procedures.
- Storage and administration of drugs including controlled drugs.
- Routine observations and record keeping.
- Care of wounds.
- Care of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy and administration of feeds.
- To be aware of and adhere to the policies and procedures as laid down by the Nursing Home, including the Equal Opportunities Policy.
The post holder must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. All staff are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998.