- Work Sector: Health Care Assistant
- Term: Temporary
- Location: Hampshire, UK
- Salary: £9 - £12.32
The potential candidate will be working alongside a trained nurse in the provision of client care.
- Respect the individual rights and choices of clients.
- Respond to the differing cultural values and diversity of clients.
- Ensure the health and safety of clients. Report any health and safety issues or equipment failures to the Home Manager.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and managers.
- Provide personal care to clients with regard to their daily living needs.
- Contribute to the therapeutic and social programmes offered to individual clients.
- Carry out manual handling in accordance with training and in house policy.
- Assist clients to live a normal lifestyle including sleeping at night.
- Assist clients in retaining memory and life skills.
- Supervise clients at mealtimes ensuring that they have a satisfactory intake of nutrition consistent with their preferences and needs.
- Undertake generic cleaning duties particularly at night.
- Dispose of waste safely and in accordance with care home policy.
All employees, including agency staff have a responsibility to abide by the safety practices and codes authorised by the Home. They have an equal responsibility with management for maintaining safe working practices.
Note: This job description is an outline only and may be amended to take account of changes within different homes.
The above duties and responsibilities are intended to represent current priorities and are not meant to be a conclusive list. The post holder may from time to time be asked to undertake other reasonable duties. Any changes will be made in discussion with the post holder in the light of service needs.